Who we are
Age Concern Newbury & District runs The Fair Close Centre located in the heart of Newbury. The Centre is a vibrant social hub and keeping the over 65\’s living at home, happy and healthy, providing them with nourishing food and a friendly place to meet, eat and be entertained is at the heart of the charity\’s work. We recently celebrated 55 years of continuous service and prepared 2,200 hot lunches last month. We have a dedicated staff team of 18 and 40+ wonderful volunteers.
We seek someone passionate about ensuring we continue to be a good place to grow old well with a professional accounting, finance or similar qualification. A good understanding of financial management/reporting and experience in establishing or setting out strategic goals in a business setting.
The finance committee meets quarterly (early on a Monday evening) with the full trustee meeting held at the same time the following week. The role includes:
1) Viewing figures in Xero (online accounting software) on a monthly basis and making necessary adjustments with quarterly reconciliations to present
2) Strategic review of figures for last quarter and presenting quarterly figures at the finance committee meeting and full trustee meeting, profit and loss report for the quarter and balance sheet with comparison reports
3) Budget preparation in collaboration with staff and trustees
4) Preparing cashflow forecasts (new)
5) Preparing information for annual accountants following each financial year end (30 September)
6) Liaising with Centre Manager, CEO and chairman as needed to provide advice and support as and when required
7) Reviewing accounts systems from time to time to ensure accuracy and smooth running.