Who we are
We are the leading professional body for Learning Technology in the UK. We support a collaborative community for individuals and organisations from all sectors including Further and Higher Education and industry and provide professional recognition and development. Membership is open to all with a professional interest in using digital technologies for learning, teaching and assessment.
The Association for Learning Technology (ALT) is the leading professional body for Learning Technology in the UK. We represent individual and organisational Members from all sectors including Further and Higher Education and industry. We provide recognition and accreditation for all with a professional interest in Learning Technology.
We are now inviting applications from individuals to become the next Honorary Treasurer and Trustee of the Association. The successful candidate will be supported with a full induction and formally take on the role at ALT’s AGM in June 2021.
The Honorary Treasurer of ALT is a Trustee of the charity. As such, the role is not remunerated. In order to be eligible to apply, individuals must be Members of ALT of at least 12 months standing and UK-based.
Full details are here.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience of financial management and budgeting
- Experience of audit processes would be an advantage
- active engagement in the work of ALT
- an interest in Learning Technology
- experience working with ALT or similar organisations
- proven experience of governance
- ability to communicate and collaborate effectively online
- commitment to the Association’s aims and values
What the role involves
- Attend meetings of the Board of Trustees (face to face and online): 3 face to face meetings, and a monthly online 30 min meeting.
- Work closely with other Trustees, supported by the Chair and Vice-Chair as well as the Chief Executive.
- Review management accounts and provide input as required
- On behalf of the Board of Trustees, ensure the sound financial management of ALT
- Provide advice and input to the Chief Executive on financial issues as required
- Present ALT’s annual accounts to the AGM