Who we are
THE ABM AIMS TO PROMOTE THE PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALTH OF MOTHERS AND CHILDREN THROUGH EDUCATION IN THE TECHNIQUES OF BREASTFEEDING, TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC AND ESPECIALLY THOSE PERSONS CONCERNED WITH THE CARE OF CHILDREN, ON THE HEALTH BENEFITS BOTH IMMEDIATE AND LONG TERM OF BREASTFEEDING.
Charity trustees may be ‘non portfolio’ i.e. not have a specific role, or they may take on specific responsibilities, as required by the Charity. Key duties of ABM trustees include:
- · Planning the strategic direction of the ABM, and steering ABM activities.
- · Monitoring the safeguarding and wellbeing of our volunteer team.
- • Overseeing budgets and financial management, ensuring financial compliance.
- • Ensuring that the ABM strives to be an inclusive organisation.
- · Dealing with member complaints and concerns.
- · Advocating for breastfeeding mothers/parents and families in the UK.
- · Regularly reviewing our branding and ‘public face’, and representing the ABM to external organisations.
- · Meeting (at least) quarterly either in person or online.
The ABM is particularly keen to hear from people from underrepresented groups and people with skills or knowledge including law, finance, HR and inclusivity.
- ABM-Trustee-Recruitment-Nov-21-9.pdf - Download