Who we are
Basildon Mind is a registered charity, providing high quality counselling and housing services for the local people in and around the district of Basildon. Established over 40 years ago, our vision is to provide services which promote and protect good mental health for all, treating people experiencing mental health distress fairly, positively and with respect.
The role will include:
- Oversee, approve and present budgets to the Board.
- Ensure that: the financial resources of the organisation meet its current and future needs.
- the organisation has an appropriate reserves policy
- the appropriate accounting policies and controls are in place.
- the Organisation has an appropriate investment policy and that it is consistent with the Organisations plolicies and legal responsibilities
- the accounts are prepared and presented for funders, the Charity Comission and others.
- Advise on the financial implications on the Organisations strategic plan
- Make a formal presentation of the accounst at the A.G.M.
- Financial qualifications and experiece
- Some experience of charity finance, funraising and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Being prepared to make unpopularrecommendations to the board
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries
- LOGO-BM.docx - Download