Who we are
Bath Sound is a community radio station, operating for nearly 50 years after previously being a Hospital Radio Station.
Still working on the site of the Royal United Hospital in Bath, we’re working to become a station for the wider community with a focus on health, education and community.
The overall role of the chair is help organise and run trustee meetings. They are responsible for ensuring that the organisation is following correct governance and meeting its charitable duties.
This is an active role, where time will need to be invested regularly outside of meetings to support this small charity.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, duties of the Chair include the following:
- Providing leadership to the organisation and the board by ensuring that everyone remains focused on the delivery of the organisation’s charitable purposes in order to provide greater public benefit
- Chairing and facilitating board meetings
- Giving direction to board policy-making
- Checking that decisions taken at meetings are implemented
- Representing the organisation at functions and meetings, and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate
- Bringing impartiality and objectivity to decision-making
- Planning the annual cycle of board meetings and other general meetings where required, for example annual general meeting
- Setting agendas for board and other general meetings
- Developing the board of trustees including induction, training, appraisal and succession planning
- Addressing conflict within the board and within the organisation, and liaising with the chief executive (if staff are employed) to achieve this
- chair-of-board.docx - Download