Who we are
There has been a Students’ Union at Bath Spa University since the 1970s. It has been a registered charity since 2010 and its charitable aims are:
• to promote the interests and welfare of students during their course of study at Bath Spa University. In doing so we represent, support and advise students on a range of subjects.
• to be the recognised representative between students and Bath Spa University and other external bodies.
• to provide social, cultural, sporting and recreational activities and forums for discussion and debate for the personal development of students.
We are looking for an External Trustee who would relish the idea of giving something back and supporting the next generation. In particular we are looking for a Trustee with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and volunteering
- Marketing and commercial development
- Legal or knowledge of charity law
- Health & Safety
This experience may have been gained in the public, private or 'not for profit' sectors. You would work closely wth the CEO, senior staff and other Board members to share your expertise.
Each external trustee is appointed to the Board and one or more of its sub committees for a term of four years. This requires attendence at a total of approximately 6 - 8 meetings per year. Trustees can serve for a maximum of two terms.
The role is voluntary, although reasonable expenses are paid.
For more information about the Students' Union and how to apply please visit www.bathspasu.co.uk/about/vacancies/
To arrange an informal discussion about the role please contact [email protected]
Closing date for applications is MIDNIGHT on 3rd May 2020. Interviews will be held w/c 18th May.