Who we are
We’re Breast Cancer Now, the research and support charity. We’re the place to turn to for anything and everything to do with breast cancer. However you’re experiencing breast cancer, we’re here.
The brightest minds in breast cancer research are here. Making life-saving research happen in labs across the UK and Ireland.
Support services, trustworthy breast cancer information and specialist nurses are here. Ready to support you, whenever you need it.
Dedicated campaigners are here. Fightin
We have the opportunity to appoint a Trustee to join our Trustee Board, bringing a blend of experience and expertise to help ensure the charity continues to have maximum impact as well as overseeing the fantastic work being undertaken by our dedicated staff, volunteers and supporters, which is to save and improve the lives of those diagnosed and affected by breast cancer.
Our Trustee Board meets six times a year, normally in London. In addition to this, you will also be a member of the People and Culture Committee, with the possible opportunity to chair the Committee in the future. Membership of other sub-committees, where appropriate, will be dependent on your areas of expertise and at the request of the Chair. Sub-committees meet two to three times a year.
The successful candidate must have experience across a range of HR related skills with:
- Significant interest in current thinking in people development, performance growth, diversity, equity and inclusion and staff engagement;
- Governance and senior executive experience at Board level;
- The ability to use their skills to ensure good governance through their strategic insight, sound advice and constructive challenge to help the Trustee Board undertake their responsibilities of scrutiny and support.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Personal direct or indirect experience of breast cancer and/or of using the organisation’s services.
The Trustee Board welcomes applications to extend the diversity of its membership and expertise from all sectors of the community.
To apply and for more information
Please download a copy of the Trustee Recruitment Pack for more information. Please send your CV and supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4) to Graham Vigor on [email protected], explaining how you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role and the person specification.
Closing date: 9:00am on Monday 31 July 2023
Preliminary Interview date: Thursday 10 August or Thursday 17 August 2023 (TBD)
Final Panel Interview date: Tuesday 12 September 2023
- trustee-recruitment-pack---july-0-.pdf - Download