Who we are
BHIVA is the leading UK association representing professionals in HIV care. Since 1995, we have been committed to providing excellent care for people living with and affected by HIV. BHIVA is a national advisory body on all aspects of HIV care and provides a national platform for HIV care issues. Our representatives contribute to international, national and local committees dealing with HIV care. We promote undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education within HIV care.
BHIVA is calling for applications for a new Financial Expert Trustee to join the BHIVA Executive Committee from March 2024 to the AGM in 2026. BHIVA is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage applications from UK communities particularly affected by HIV and people living with HIV are encouraged to apply. Please see below for details and the link for applications.
A finance specialist to provide advice and guidance to the Executive Committee and Honorary Treasurer. The Executive Committee oversees the work of the Association and its subcommittees. BHIVA is particularly concerned to make sure that budgeting arrangements are efficient, as well as being ethical and environmentally sensitive. Securing the long-term financial future of the Association is imperative.
- Specialist knowledge in financial issues, preferably in the charity sector
- An appreciation of charity fundraising principles and practices
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of issues relating to UK voluntary sector organisations
- Experience as an effective contributor to committee work, with sufficient time to give to the role (estimated at 8h/quarter)
- The ability to think strategically about the financial issues relating to BHIVA, with sufficient expertise and weight to act as an effective and independent adviser to the Executive Committee on those issues.
- Applications open from 11 December 2023 to 19 January 2024
- Online interviews w/c 5 February 2024
- Start date w/c 11 March 2024.
Please contact the BHIVA Secretariat at: [email protected].