Who we are
Cats Protection is the UK's largest feline welfare charity.
We help around 200,000 cats and kittens every year thanks in no small part to our network of over 230 volunteer-run branches and over 30 centres.
These include the charity's flagship adoption centre in Chelwood Gate, Sussex where our administrative offices can also be found.
Cats Protection is governed by a Board of Trustees which, in turn, is advised on its decisions by an Advisory Council of appointed representatives of the charity’s membership.
The purpose of the Nominations Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its obligations in respect of succession planning and selecting candidates for the Board and for Connect.
The Committee consists of three Trustees of Cats Protection, up to two members of Connect, and an independent specialist advisor who will bring an external view and governance knowledge and expertise.
Main purpose of role:
· To work with the other members of the Nominations Committee to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Committee effectively in accordance with the Terms of Reference of the Committee.
· As an independent specialist advisor your role will also be to bring your skills and experience to the benefit of the Committee
· Engagement with the other members of the Committee to enable the Committee to carry out its duties and responsibilities effectively in accordance with the Terms of Reference;
· Attendance at Committee meetings, reading papers and otherwise preparing in advance of the meetings and undertaking any actions agreed at meetings within the agreed timescales;
· Support for the Chairman of the Committee;
· Keeping informed about the activities of the Charity and wider issues affecting the Charity and the Committee in particular.
Skills and Knowledge
A commitment to the Charity and an empathy with Cats Protection’s vision, mission and values
A sound knowledge of Charity Governance
Strategic vision and understanding of the governance and skills requirements of the Charity
A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the Committee’s work
Sound independent judgement
Ability to work effectively and constructively as a member of a team
Ability and willingness to express views clearly
An understanding of the role, duties and responsibilities of the Committee and an understanding of the topics and issues that the Committee is established to address
A commitment to promoting equality and diversity in Charity Governance
Experience in employment of recruitment and selection processes
Experience of trustee succession planning
Experience of monitoring Board Effectiveness
To request an application pack, please contact [email protected]