The Social Research Association (SRA), founded in 1978, is an educational charity, whose purpose is to uphold high standards in the conduct, development, and application of social research for the benefit of the public interest, and to advance knowledge and professional practice in the social research field.
Social research aims to provide the public, the government, and a wide range of public and charitable bodies with reliable information about key aspects of life in the UK, under a range of topic headings: education, health and wellbeing, employment, housing, transport, and many more.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a supportive and active group of trustees who are ensuring the SRA makes a positive impact on the sector.
The key goal for a new Chair will be to build on recent work by the trustees in developing a forward strategy and ensuring the SRA continues to deliver on its charitable objectives, making a positive impact for the social research profession.
We’re looking for an inspiring, inclusive and experienced leader with a strong personal commitment to the work of SRA.
- Experience of working in the UK research sector
- Experience of being a trustee
- A keen sense of strategic purpose
- An inclusive leadership style: able to inspire and support everyone to participate
- The ability to listen and engage effectively. You are comfortable with challenge and debate and are able to encourage that in others whilst fostering a collaborative board environment.
For additional information about SRA, the role and the responsibilities, please download the Candidate Pack.
How to Apply
To be considered for the role of Chair, please submit the following:
- An up-to-date CV, with the details of two referees (we will not contact them without your prior consent)
- A supporting statement, outlining how you meet the criteria, and your motivations for applying
All applications should be sent to [email protected] with your full name and ‘SRA’ in the subject line.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Melissa Baxter at Trustees Unlimited & Russam on 07789 985229 or [email protected].
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd October 2023
Interviews with SRA: Wednesday 1st November 2023
SRA welcomes applications for the Chair role from suitable candidates of all backgrounds.
- sra-chair-candidateinformation-2023-final2.pdf - Download