Who we are
We are a charity employing 100 people and have 100 volunteers. We offer impartial free advice to the public.
1. Formulating strategy – developing and maintaining vision, strategy and clear objectives for the organisation in the best long term interests of the service’s clients. Contributing to the development of policies and campaigns and bringing diverse knowledge and experience to the discussion. On occasions working with the Chief Executive and management on committees and “task and finish groups.”
2. Ensuring accountability – holding the Chief Executive and senior managers to account for the delivery of the strategy, offering purposeful, constructive scrutiny, and challenge.
3. Providing leadership – being committed to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service and the values of the organisation. Ensuring that these values are reflected in your own and the board’s collective behaviour and decision making.
4. Representing the organisation – Understanding the environment CAH&ER works in locally and nationally, and the needs of our clients, being an advocate for the service in the local community and within Citizens Advice. On occasions representing the service to internal and external stakeholders and bringing back messages and information.
- information-for-prospective-trustees---jan-0-.docx - Download