Who we are
Citizens Advice York provides advice to over 5,000 people
a year, helping them with some 15,000 different problems;
particularly debt, benefits, employment and the family.
We have a small professional team working alongside and supporting around 40 volunteers to provide advice at the City Council offices in York, at various outreach venues around the city and on the phone.
Citizens Advice York is a member of the national Citizens Advice organisation. It’s a local charity at the heart of our community entirely funded by grants, donations and fees for contracted services.
- Applicants who reflect the local community
- People with different work life experiences from all backgrounds
- Women, men, people of all ages and sexual orientations
- Disabled people, black, asian and people from all ethnic minorities
- Those with different or no religious beliefs
- 2020-Trustee-Role-Description.pdf - Download