Who we are
Clowns Without Borders UK supports the emotional wellbeing of children living through disaster by sharing laughter and play. We work with highly skilled performer and facilitators to create playful performances and workshops.
Since becoming a charity in 2014, we have shared joyful experiences with over 55,000 children in thirteen countries. Our goal is not to provide one-off performances. We want to make sure children can continue to play long after we have left.
To help us achieve this we support local staff and volunteers to share laughter and play, too. Our Train-the-Trainer programmes focus on long-term impact and joyful ways of working with children.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to small charities
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Passionate in children’s rights and the arts
- Embody the values of CWB and endeavouring to maintain a spirit of joy, peace, compassion and kindness in the way we work together on the Board
- Enthusiastic about our mission and able to support this through the sharing of ideas, professional expertise and networks
You can find out more about the role here