Who we are
Clowns Without Borders UK supports the emotional wellbeing of children living through disaster by sharing laughter and play.
We work with highly skilled performer and facilitators to create playful performances and workshops.
Since becoming a charity in 2014, we have shared joyful experiences with over 55,000 children in thirteen countries.
Our goal is not to provide one-off performances. We want to make sure children can continue to play long after we have left. To us help achieve this we support local staff and volunteers to share laughter and play, too.
Our Train-the-Trainer programmes focus on long-term impact and joyful ways of working with children.
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our brilliant Board of Trustees.
We have attached a detailed overview of the role in the attachment with details of how you can contact us if you have any questions.
Our Board is the ultimate governance body for the charity, serving as stewards of its resources.
Trustees are responsible for our strategy, operations and financial management.
Our Board ensures we comply with our governing document and charity law and pursue our objectives.
They are responsible for providing supporting, guidance and decisions to the CWB team, ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
Strategy and Governance
• To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• Ensuring high standards of governance and risk management
• Ensuring the organisation is accountable and transparent in its activities
• Ensuring compliance with relevant charitable and company legislation
• Safeguarding the interests of Clowns Without Borders’s beneficiaries
• Ensuring sound financial oversight including review and approval of the annual budget
• Oversight of high standards of financial management
• Act as an ambassador for Clowns Without Borders UK
• Liaise with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place and followed
• Oversee and present budgets, accounts, financial statements and financial reports to the Board
• Ensure that the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs and are within the charities objectives
• Support the Executive Director to develop and implement appropriate financial and reserves policies
- Treasurer-Pack.docx - Download