Who we are
Communication Matters is a UK-wide organisation committed to supporting people of all ages who find communication difficult because they have little or no clear speech.
We are also the UK Chapter of ISAAC (International Society of Augmentative and Alternative Communication), a world-wide organisation promoting the best possible communication for people with complex communication needs.
We run events throughout the year that are of interest to everyone involved with different ways of communicating - for the people who use communication aids, their families/carers, and professionals who work with them (such as teachers and therapists).
Communication Matters (CM) needs Trustees with a range of skills who can help to develop it as an organisation and implement its strategic objectives. Particularly important to us this year are:
· people with skills in Finance looking to become our next Treasurer
· someone with a Clinical Science / Environmental Controls background
· a Teacher or someone who works in Education
· people with skills in Strategy / Business
· someone with experience of Bid Writing / Fundraising
We are keen to increase the inclusive nature of the Board of Trustees so that it more accurately reflects the diverse nature of the CM membership and so we would encourage individuals from all communities to put themselves forward as a Trustee.
Perhaps most important is commitment and enthusiasm and a capacity to give of your own time.
- 2021_Call_for_Nominations_web-1.docx - Download