Who we are
The Community Transport Association (CTA) is a national charity that represents and supports providers of community transport: thousands of local charities and community groups across the UK that all provide transport services that fulfill a social purpose and community benefit.
We want to see communities everywhere creating and sharing their own accessible and inclusive transport solutions
We are for and about accessible and inclusive transport. We achieve this through championing accessible and inclusive transport, connecting people and ideas, by strengthening our members and raising standards. Through all this our aim is to grow a thriving community transport movement across all parts of the UK.
We are seeking a chair who can embrace challenge, facilitate change, provide strategic insight, and support the successful implementation of our new strategy.
It’s a challenging time for the community transport sector but every day we see examples of CTA members stepping up and supporting their communities. At CTA, we’re committed to supporting our members through this period and when we emerge, to make sure that the sector can continue its vital work.
We are looking for a new Chair with the following knowledge and experience
· Experienced in leadership at a senior level in the charity or social enterprise sector
· Able to be independent from and objective about the Community Transport Sector
· Experience of developing strategy and successfully translating strategy to operational delivery
· Evidence of relevant experience to provide robust leadership to the board of Trustees and support and work with the Chief Executive, Senior Leadership Team, and staff
· Strong governance experience with charity trustee experience, or other relevant experience chairing boards and committees
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to enthuse people about a vision for the future
· Experience of operating with diplomacy and tact when making difficult decisions and having challenging conversations with partners and stakeholders
· Ability to represent the Charity appropriately and effectively at many levels, including making new contacts and developing relationships
· Experience working and or interfacing with national/local government would be helpful
For more information visit Jobs at CTA
- CTA-Chair-Recruitment-Pack-May-2020-Final.pdf - Download