Who we are
CPRE Hampshire, the countryside charity, works to promote, enhance, and protect Hampshire's thriving countryside for all to enjoy.
It is passionate about the local countryside and believes in positive, sustainable action, to help more people access the countryside's benefits and plan new building with the countryside and local communities in mind.
- Support communities to have their say on developments and changes in Hampshire
- Promote the benefit of the countryside to everyone, wherever they live
- Work with local and national government, and other organisations to promote planning policies that make the best use of land
- Raise awareness of the Hampshire countryside as a vital space for health and well-being
- Encourage care of our fields and hedgerows to help protect landscapes and wildlife
- Call for homes that local people can afford to be built in the right places across the country
- Celebrate and support businesses that give back to the Hampshire countryside
- Promote renewable energy that doesn’t damage the Hampshire countryside or wider environment
What you will be doing
· Providing strategic leadership to our charity and supporting fundraising, membership and engagement initiatives.
· Acting as a figurehead for our members and volunteers.
· Acting as a spokesperson for our charity through public speaking and media interviews.
· Ensuring our charity meets constitutional and governance requirements.
· Ensuring the financial integrity and long-term sustainability of our charity.
· Ensuring appropriate line management of our staff.
· Building relationships and representing CPRE Hampshire in meetings with the community, local councils, parliamentary representatives, partner organisations and other stakeholders.
· Safeguarding the good name and values of our charity.
· Liaising with national CPRE, the South East Regional Group and other local CPREs.
· Being the voting member at national CPRE.
The skills you will need
· Previous experience in leadership, management or organisational development.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good written and oral communications skills.
· A passion for the countryside.
· Previous experience of committee work – paid or voluntary.
· Knowledge of countryside issues.
· Knowledge of the charity sector, including funding and governance.
· Experience of working with people from different backgrounds and abilities.
What’s in it for you?
· Opportunity to use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive contribution to the countryside.
· Opportunity to meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team.
· Get to know Hampshire as a place and the people who influence the county’s development.
· Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience.
· We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training.
· We’ll give you a reference for your future work or volunteering.
· Get involved with social events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference.
· Opportunity to make the most of CPRE national office’s comprehensive range of training courses.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2022. If you feel that you would have the skills and experience to provide leadership as the Chair of CPRE Hampshire, please send your expression of interest together with your CV to Boyd McCleary, Acting Chair of the charity, at [email protected].