Who we are
We are based on a small site on the banks of Deptford Creek in South East London and offer a unique opportunity to safely access and explore the river bed at low tide. The site is managed for wildlife and over 300 species of wildflowers have been recorded. The purpose built Creekside Discovery Centre opened in 2002 and is equipped with offices, a classroom and full facilities.
The duties of a trustee are as follows
• Ensuring that the organisation pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
• Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. constitution or memorandum and articles of association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
• Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects (ie the charity must not spend money on activities that are not included in its own objects, however worthwhile or charitable those activities are) for the benefit of the public
• Ensuring that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
• Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation
• Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
• Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
• Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds
The skills, experience and qualities that are needed from trustees1. A commitment and interest in the work of Creekside, its vision, mission and values.2. Strategic thinking and independent judgement.3. An ability to think creatively.4. A willingness to speak your mind.5. An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.6. A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: Selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
How to apply
Submit a short overview of what excites you about being trustee with Creekside, and what you think you can bring to the role, to [email protected]. This could be in the form of a letter, email, video or another format of your choosing. Please share a CV or Linked In profile link with your submission.Please also let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process to enable you to participate.
- trustee-recruitment-pack-creekside-education-trust-june-2023.pdf - Download