Who we are
The Criminal Justice Alliance (CJA) is a network of 160 organisations working towards a fair and effective criminal justice system. Our members include charities, social enterprises, think tanks, research institutions and staff associations. They work across the criminal justice system, in areas such as crime prevention, sentencing, policing, prisons, probation, victim services, mental health, drug policy and treatment, and more. The CJA is based in London but our work and membership extend across England and Wales.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated and committed to the work and mission of the CJA. We are particularly keen to hear from applicants with one or more of the following skills and knowledge:-
- Finance – charity finance and fundraising
- Legal- knowledge of charity governance and data protection
- Organisational development– human resources, information/digital technology, learning and development
The CJA value having a diverse range of perspectives, expertise and insights on the Board. We welcome and encourage applications from:
- Black, Asian and minority ethic individuals
- Individuals with lived experience of the criminal justice system, and/or bring an empathy, knowledge or understanding of the criminal justice system
- Individuals based in/working on criminal justice and related areas in Wales and outside of London and the South-East
- First-time trustees
This is a voluntary role without remuneration. However, travel expenses as well as other reasonable and necessary costs incurred (including childcare), as part of official Trustee business, will be reimbursed. We will also provide suitable training and mentorship for first-time Trustees.
- CJA-Trustee-Recruitment-Pack-July-2021-1.pdf - Download