Who we are
Welcome to First Rung!
Here at First Rung we have been supporting young people across North London since 1983, helping them make that first step into a good job with training and prospects. The team is passionate about delivering the very best training and personal support in a dynamic, fun and friendly environment.
In addition to chairing the meetings of the committee which normally meets virtually about four times per year, responsibilities of this role are as follows:
Providing leadership, advice and guidance on financial matters to the Finance Manager and CEO who are both members of the Senior Management Team (SMT)
• Monitoring the financial position of the business through analysis of the monthly management accounts and, where necessary, recommending actions to the Board of Trustees and/or SMT to maintain or improve the financial position
• Keeping fellow trustees informed about the financial position of the organisation both during and between Board Meetings (also held four times a year, normally face to face)
• Being the main point of contact between the Board and the SMT concerning financial matters
• Providing support to other trustees who do not have financial backgrounds
• Ensuring compliance with financial reporting legal requirements and providing advice on Charity Commission guidance and recommendations
• Communicating with the Auditors about any concerns or uncertainties regarding financial reporting or stability
Likely person requirements:
A professional qualification such as CA, ACCA or CIMAExperience of a senior role that involves day to day financial management and forecasting.A commitment to giving the benefit of personal time and experience to unpaid voluntary work.There will also be an option for successful applicants to join as trustee for a short period, working alongside the current holder of this post, before taking over.
- chair-of-finance-jd-0-first-rung-.pdf - Download