Who we are
Green Synergy is a Lincoln based gardening and horticulture charity that supports people to socialise, learn and thrive. Our work focuses on supporting people in the most deprived communities in Lincolnshire to improve their mental and physical wellbeing. Our charity delivers community gardening and therapeutic horticulture programmes, activities, community engagement events to bring communities together to create more life chances, have fun, meet people and re-connect people to green spaces.
Green Synergy is a successful charity that supports people in the most disadvantaged communities in Lincolnshire to improve their mental and physical wellbeing. Our work includes:
- Community gardening and therapeutic horticultural programmes.
- Community engagement events that bring people together to create more life chances, quality green spaces and to re-connect people to green spaces, growing and nature.
We are looking for new trustees, including a Treasurer, who are passionate about improving lives and communities through gardening and horticulture. Green Synergy has ambitious growth plans and we wish to strengthen our board’s expertise in the following areas:
- Charity Finance including budgeting and year-end accounts (Treasurer)
- Marketing and Communications including social media
- Social Enterprise
- Knowledge of local policy especially regarding health, social care, education, employment and the environment
As a trustee you will:
- Have an induction, training and reimbursable expenses
- Contribute to improving lives and communities that are disadvantaged
- Have opportunities to develop new skills and to network with professionals
A wide range of applications are welcomed especially those with lived experience. The expected time commitment is a bimonthly board meeting and other events. As well as preparing for the board meetings Trustees may be called upon for specific advice and support in their areas of expertise.
For more information, download the Trustee Recruitment Information – Final
A copy of the Trustee Role Description can be downloaded here: Green Synergy Trustee Role Description – Summer 2023 Recruitment
A copy of the Treasurer Role Description can be downloaded here:GS54 Green Synergy Treasurer Role Description
A copy of our Annual Trustees Report and Accounts can be viewed here
To arrange an informal conversation please email us at [email protected]
Deadline for expressing interest: Noon 11th Sept. 2023
Interviews: 18th September 2023
- green-synergy-trustee-role-description---summer-0-recruitment.pdf - Download