Who we are
Groundwork have been forefront of social and environmental regeneration in London for over 25 years, and today we have a simple mission: to create better places, improve people’s prospects, and promote greener living and working.
Our mission is to transform lives and places in London’s most disadvantaged communities.
- We work with others – we are working together with individuals, communities, Local
- Authorities and other public sector organisations, regional bodies and the private sector to deliver positive change in London
- We join things up – we apply our skills and experience and build partnerships that enable us to deliver maximum impact for communities and maximum value for money for those who help us do it
- We support those in most need – we provide targeted support tailored to address the specific needs of vulnerable people and diverse communities, tackling material hardship as well as a poverty of hope and aspiration.
We innovate – we pilot and test new solutions and approaches.
- We embed successful practice in our future work and share our learning with others
- We get things done – above all else we deliver services that make a difference to the people and the places that we work with
We are recruiting three new Trustees
Groundwork London is very fortunate in that we have a strong and engaged Board.
The Board follows a regular process of renewal: maintaining input from those longer serving members who bring corporate history and understanding along with new Trustees bringing fresh approaches and new insights. The Board is made up of up to 15 Trustees. We are looking to recruit three by the end of 2023.
As a member of the Board you will primarily be concerned with policy, strategy and governance. The day-to-day management of the organisation is delegated to the paid professional staff, who report progress back to the Board.
Time commitment: There are 4 quarterly Board meetings per year usually in March, June, September and November, in London (5.30 – 7.30pm), one of which is usually a whole day event. Some meetings may be conducted online.
We would really like to hear from you if you are someone who:
- Finds our aims, activities and focus on delivery inspiring
- Has an honest, friendly and challenging approach, and one that fits with our values and principles
- Has the confidence to offer guidance or challenge and speak up in meetings
- Have financial/analytical skills or experience and would find our complex financial operation motivating; or
- Are analytical and questioning with an eye for detail; or
- Have sector experience or interest related to our work, such as Housing regeneration; community development, health & social care, sport & leisure, young people, the environment and green economy
- Or experience and skills that support business management such as ICT, H&S, Legal, compliance or finance
- board-of-trustees-gwl-pdf.pdf - Download