Who we are
HCPT offers pilgrimage holidays, to Lourdes in France, for disabled and disadvantaged people from across the UK. The letters HCPT stand for the Hosanna House and Children’s Pilgrimage Trust.
Our roots are in the Catholic faith but our organisation and services are open to all. Our volunteers, beneficiaries and staff come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life and from all faiths and none. We know we have more to do to become a truly diverse organisation and we are on a journey to that goal.
HCPT is growing its Board capability
HCPT is looking for a new trustee to work towards our ongoing vision and mission of taking disabled or disadvantaged children and adults to Lourdes on a life-changing pilgrimage holiday. In our ongoing development, the Board is continually evolving the breadth of skills and experience it requires, supporting the organisation’s ability to deliver its vision and mission.
This opportunity is focussed on finding a Trustee with Human Resources (HR) and People Advisory experience to join our Board team. This is a vital role for us, leading, shaping and assuring our work with our UK and French staff, volunteers and supporters, as well as outlining and designing goals and strategies, across the organisation. The role supports our Easter and Summer pilgrimages, helping us deliver pilgrimage for our beneficiaries, volunteers, and staff, integrating and building on our achievements to date.
The leadership you’ll bring to HCPT
We are looking for a brilliant team player who can add to our Board capabilities across the following areas:
- A professional with responsibility for HR and People leadership, with competencies in legislation and best practice.
- Management experience involving HR, People in the Charity and other sectors.
- Leadership experience as a Trustee, Director or Governor.
- Experience of an HCPT pilgrimage or similar group-based organisation.
In addition to the duties you assume as a Trustee, we will look to you to lead the organisation across several HR & People responsibilities, these include:
- To lead the Board’s HRR Committee, taking on responsibility for HR strategy, policy and direction.
- Assure that the policies, standards, and procedures are aligned to best practice and up to date.
- To provide the Board with professional advice on issues related to HR and People.
- To support the Chief Executive and Executive team in building operational capability across HCPT.
- trustee-with-human-resources--hr--and-people-advisory-experience.pdf - Download