Who we are
HCPT offers pilgrimage holidays, to Lourdes in France, for disabled and disadvantaged people from across the UK. The letters HCPT stand for the Hosanna House and Children’s Pilgrimage Trust.
Our roots are in the Catholic faith but our organisation and services are open to all. Our volunteers, beneficiaries and staff come from diverse backgrounds, walks of life and from all faiths and none. We know we have more to do to become a truly diverse organisation and we are on a journey to that goal.
HCPT is growing its Board capability
HCPT is looking for a new trustee to work towards our ongoing vision and mission of taking disabled and disadvantaged children and adults to Lourdes on a life-changing pilgrimage holiday. In our ongoing development, the Board is continually evolving the breadth of skills and experience it requires, supporting the organisation’s ability to deliver its vision and mission.
This opportunity is focussed on finding a Trustee with responsibility for Safeguarding to join our Board team. This is a vital role for us, leading, shaping and assuring our safeguarding goals and strategies across the organisation. The role supports both our Easter and Summer pilgrimages, helping us deliver the safest pilgrimage for our beneficiaries, volunteers and staff, and integrating and building on our safeguarding achievements to date.
The leadership you’ll bring to HCPT
We are looking for a brilliant team player who can add to our Board capabilities across the following areas:
- A professional with responsibility for adult and/or child safeguarding, with competencies in safeguarding legislation and best practice.
- Management experience involving safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.3. Leadership experience as a Trustee, Director or Governor.
- Experience of an HCPT pilgrimage or similar group-based organisation.
In addition to the duties you assume as a Trustee, we will look to you to lead the organisation across a number of Safeguarding responsibilities, including:
- To support the Board’s Safeguarding and Conduct Committee (Advisory) and contribute to the achievement of the committee’s objectives as part of the overall HCPT Strategic Plan.
- Setting strategy and policy in relation to managing safeguarding incidents arising within HCPT.
- Oversee and assure the implementation and review of HCPT’s safeguarding policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assure that the policies, standards, and procedures are aligned to best practice and up to date.
- To provide the Board with professional advice on issues related to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- To support the Chief Executive and Executive team in building operational capability across HCPT to lead on delivering safeguarding and adopting best practice.
- trustee-with-responsibility-for-safeguarding.pdf - Download