Who we are
Heart of Kent Hospice, established in 1991, provides compassionate end-of-life care for people facing the challenge of terminal illness. We care for over 1,700 patients and their families a year who live in Maidstone, Aylesford, Tonbridge, Malling and the surrounding areas. All our services are local and free and are offered to everyone who needs them.
Our services cost £4million a year to run and we depend heavily on our loyal supporters, whose generous donations and fundraising activity account for £4 out of every £5 spent on our services.
The Hospice has built an excellent reputation within the local community for the quality of our care, which has been further endorsed by the Care Quality Commission who awarded us with an overall rating of ‘Outstanding’ following an inspection in February 2017.
The Hospice is looking for an excellent communicator with strong leadership and strategic skills who has senior executive/non-executive experience and a proven ability to build good relationships and networks.
Heart of Kent Hospice is committed to building a culture that is diverse and inclusive. We recognise the benefits and opportunities of having a diverse community of Board members are actively encouraging applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees, enabling the Board to fulfil its responsibilities for the governance of the Hospice and ensuring its effectiveness.
- Is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the Hospice, working in partnership with the Chief Executive to ensure that the Hospice is run in accordance with the decisions of the Trustees and its governing documents, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides support to the Chief Executive in the effective management and delivery of the strategic aims and objectives of the Hospice.
- Ensures that the values of the Hospice underpin all of the Board decisions and the Hospice’s activities.
- Chair-Candidate-Information-Pack-Feb-2021-2.pdf - Download