Who we are
Home-Start Portsmouth supports families with young children through their most challenging times. Our vision is a world where no parent feels alone in the critical task of raising children.
The charity is part of the Home-Start UK federation of more than 80 Home-Starts.
Through our expert staff team and local community of more than 100 trained volunteers, we offer practical and emotional support to parents and families by spending time in their homes, running parenting programmes and offering
We are looking for a Chair to lead our Board, which is currently made up of eight Trustees and CEO. The priorities of
the Chair include:
Strategic, Financial and Operational Priorities
Lead and enable the Board of Trustees (made up of eight trustees and CEO) in the delivery of a rolling three-year
business plan so that Home-Start Portsmouth:
- Has a well-developed, focused, and robust strategy for growth and sustainability
- Can manage its financial risks by evenly spreading contract income through widely diversified income channels and projects within the scope of the business plan. Ideally, so that no individual contract will exceed 45% of our income.
- Has a senior management team, led by the CEO, performs consistently in achieving all internal and external metrics (Chair is responsible for line management of CEO)
- Creates and maintains a committee structure to deliver on all Charity Commission and Companies House governance requirements
- Maintains policy and risk controls within required periodic frameworks
The Chair is a highly visible charity and community member who is comfortable and confident with networking, public speaking, presentations and hosting events.
- chair-role-headlines.pdf - Download