Who we are
We are a youth organisation which supports children and young people from all backgrounds and abilities by providing sessions which develop their confidence and life skills through learning to ride and care for our horses and ponies. We provide a supportive environment where young people can mentor their peers, gain transferrable skills, and take on positions of responsibility whilst building positive relationships and spending time with our amazing animals.
HRA is looking for new trustees to join the board and continue the good work. The past year has been very challenging and HRA is committed to ensure its missions and objectives are relevant and achievable.
To ensure the continued success of HRA, the Board of Trustees are looking for two new trustees with :-
· fresh eyes and new skills – varied backgrounds (professional and life experiences) in areas such as Finance, HR and Legal.
· Enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Charity board experience would be preferable, but not essential.
For trustees who have specific qualifications or are professionally qualified, it is important to say that the trustee role is specifically as an adviser to the board and does not extend further.
What is the role
General areas of responsibility: –
· working with the other trustees & staff to ensure aims and objectives of the organisation are met in a positive and collaborative way.
· offer strategic and practical proposals to challenges faced by the organisation.
· ensure efficient use of all available resources.
· Specific responsibilities for the Finance trustee include:-
· provide guidance and insight on the finances of the organisation and ideas on making the organisation less grant dependent and more sustainable in the future.
· Specific responsibilities for the Legal trustee include:-
· When legal issues arise, to work alongside paid lawyers to advise other trustees as appropriate.
· All trustees will be encouraged to attend Ranger and RDA sessions to ensure they gain a real understanding of the work we do.
- advert-for-new-trustees.docx - Download