Who we are
Established in 1965, Housing Matters (formerly CHAS Bristol) provides free, specialist advice, holistic support and legal advocacy for people in financial & housing crisis in Bristol & surrounding areas, particularly where there are high levels of deprivation.
We believe that housing is a human right, and we fight tirelessly for everyone to have a safe, secure home.
We are looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. The desired person would align with Housing Matters vision, mission and values. Holding financial qualifications and experience is desirable, but not essential. It is essential however, to have confidence analysing monthly financial reports and advising on annual budgets and accounts, as well as a good understanding of risk management, especially during a period of strategic growth.
The successful candidate will join an established board of nine Trustees that have a broad range of skills and expertise. The Board meet as a whole meet every two months, and the Finance committee, chaired by the Treasurer, meets every two months (in the month prior to the Board meeting).
We would prefer for all trustees meet in person at our offices in Easton, but we can also accommodate hybrid and/or remote meetings where necessary.
We are keen to have a trustee board which is representative of the community we serve and welcome applications from people with lived experience of housing and homelessness issues to help us to shape and develop our service.
We can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development, and to have a big impact. Trustees are essential to ensuring that Housing
- Matters remains strong, sustainable and able to navigate changing times and economic climates.
- The opportunity to be part of our small, dedicated, friendly team.
- The opportunity to make a difference to the housing crisis and homelessness issues in Bristol.
- Experience of being on a board of Trustees, with training and development opportunities.
- Expenses, so you are not out of pocket.
- housing-matters-trustee-role-description---treasurer-june-0-.pdf - Download