Who we are
Invisible Palace offers accessible ways for people to get involved with their local environment, heritage, and culture. Projects bring investment to an area with fragmented local governance and create social value with demonstrable benefits for people who take part, for heritage assets, and the locality.
London regional winners of the 2022 Marsh Award for Volunteers in Museum Learning Invisible Palace works with participation and volunteering at the heart of the organisation.
Invisible Palace works in an inclusive way therefore the board of trustees should reflect the range of identities and experiences that make up communities in our local boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. We welcome applications from all parts of our local communities. Applicants with lived experience of wellbeing through arts, heritage, and collective activity are encouraged to apply.
The board is seeking to recruit someone with skills in one or more of the following areas: Finance, strategy, fundraising, policy and procedure.
A trustee role gives you:
- Involvement in decision making and strategy
- Influence over how things are run
- A chance to develop new skills
- Opportunity to work as part of a small team
Invisible Palace will offer:
- Induction training
- Volunteer handbook
- Reimbursable out of pocket expenses
Time involved in being a trustee:
- Quarterly trustee meetings arranged either in person or on zoom
- Reading minutes and committee documents before and after meetings
- Up to one hour per week practical support to the charity in your specialist area
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and an appointment may be made at any time.
- together-fundraising-trustee-tu.pdf - Download