Who we are
The Joffe Trust is a grant-making trust. We are the most specialised funder of civil society work on tax justice and fighting corruption in the UK. As well as making grants, we convene activists in these fields and take an active part in strategic conversations.
We also have a particular niche in supporting small non-profits with high potential to become stronger organisations. We fund core costs where we can, and have helped many organisations which are now thriving. Where useful, we provide strategic advice as well as grants.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to the Trust's principles, mission & goals (set out in our strategy, available from our website),
- Experience in one of our two focus areas, or an interest in learning about them with relevant experience from elsewhere,
- Good critical insight and judgement,
- High level of personal ethics and integrity.
We would particularly like to hear from people with any of the following experiences:
- people who have experience of the effects of the UK’s financial system in low income countries, or
- people who have helped guide or strengthen movements, or
- people who have been influential in small non-profit organisations like the ones we support, or
- people who have not been trustees before.
The Joffe Trust is committed to increasing diversity within our board, including people who are younger or from a range of ethnic or social backgrounds. We would be glad to provide support for people to learn more about our work or being a trustee. We can adapt our practical arrangements to work better for new trustees.
See full details: https://joffetrust.org/join-our-team/