Who we are
The John Muir Trust is a leading voice for the UK’s wild places. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection and restoration of the UK’s wild places, for the benefit of all.
The Trust is seeking two volunteer Board members with experience in ecology and natural heritage or planning procedures and regulations.
We are looking to co-opt two volunteers to join our Board of Trustees. The successful candidates will have particular experience in either ecology and natural heritage or planning procedures and regulations, to help us implement our strategy.
Our Trustees are responsible for setting our policies and making strategic decisions. As co-opted Trustees, the successful applicants will be full members of the Board from November 2023 to November 2024, with the possibility of extending this term by being re-co-opted, or standing for election by the Membership as Trustees.
- Experience in ecology and natural heritage or planning procedures and regulations.
- Current Trust membership / willing to join the Trust as a member.
- Ability to commit to the role for an initial period of one year. This involves reading paperwork in advance of attending around seven full-day meetings: four Board meetings (hybrid format) and three Topical discussion meetings (in person meetings at locations around the UK).
Other relevant experience might include:
- Any charity governance or previous Trustee experience.
- Any work you have done for the Trust, whether as Trustee, volunteer or staff.
How to apply
The John Muir Trust is committed to working together to promote a more inclusive environment and we need a diverse team to realise this. Applicants are welcome from all walks of life with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to support our work on behalf of wild places.
Please visit the website for further information and to apply: https://www.johnmuirtrust.org/resources/332-trustees