Who we are
Jubilee Gardens Trust is a registered charity formed in 2010 to manage and maintain Jubilee Gardens (next to the London Eye on London's South Bank) to the highest standards and for the long term. The trustees are appointed by neighbouring landowners, local businesses and community representatives, who work with co-opted trustees to address the challenges faced by a locally based charity responsible for one of London's most heavily used public spaces.
Jubilee Gardens Trust, Treasurer and co-opted Trustee, to chair the Trust's Finance Committee and to lead the Board's duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled and invested in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements. The Trust has a turnover of c.£0.5m pa and reserves of £1.5m. The role is one of oversight, not day-to-day management - the Trust has a service contract which provides qualified staff to manage its financial affairs.
- this is a volunteer role, though reasonable expenses are paid
- The Finance Committee meets 6 times pa and the Board for 1.5 hours 4 times pa but some work required outside meetings.
- the following would be desirable:
- qualified accountant/treasurer -chartered level preferred
- ideally some experience of working in the charity sector
- Audit and risk management experience
- Good understanding of Charity SORP
The Trust plays a significant role in the South Bank and Waterloo community and we believe that candidates would find the treasurer role interesting and rewarding.
We welcome applicants from all backgorunds - the Trust aspires to have a diverse board reflecting its users and communities.