Who we are
Jumped Up has been producing events around the UK since 1993, bringing touring and homegrown productions and events into a variety of community spaces, including: pubs, churches, community gardens, museums, front-rooms and theatres. We have a base at Peterborough City Library, but we pop up all over Peterborough
We are seeking thoughtful, positive and community-focused people to join our Board of Trustees. Trustees work together to support the Creative Producer, Kate Hall, to grow and develop this growing arts organisation that aims to create social change for Peterborough’s communities through access to the arts.
Jumped Up Theatre’s mission is to create social change for Peterborough’s communities through access to the arts, as audience, participants, co-creators and artists, resulting in improved outcomes for health, education, inclusion, social cohesion, economic growth and life-enhancing leisure.
We are particularly looking for people with strengths in community engagement, inclusion or disability awareness. In addition we would be interested in hearing from legal, financial or HR specialists. Please note, you do not need to have professional experience in the arts, or be in a senior management role, to be considered as a trustee. Each candidate will be considered on their life experience and perspective.
We would welcome applicants with diverse cultural backgrounds, especially those that reflect Peterborough’s many communities. We would also welcome applicants who identify as disabled, to whom we will give support to access meetings.
Trustee’s commit to support Jumped Up Theatre by:
- Preparing for and attending a minimum of 4 board meetings a year, including an annual away day. (Meetings alternate between face-to-face in Peterborough and on Zoom.)
- Attending the Autumn board away-day.
- In-between board meetings, following up on agreed actions and other legal and organisational responsibilities required by the Charities Commission, Companies House and funders.
- Advocating for and supporting Jumped Up both practically and informally.
- Attend Jumped Up Theatre events and represent the company at external events when possible.
- Be a trustee for a minimum of two years.
- Trustees work together to support the staff / freelancers of Jumped Up Theatre to deliver the company’s mission. This is a governance role, not delivery.
- Jumped Up has been a Registered Charity since 2001. A charity trustee carries legal obligations including requires compliance with Charity Law.
- We are supported by our auditors to responsibly manage our finances and comply with governance regulations.
- We have Trustee Indemnity and review a risk register during meetings.
- Trustees are volunteers and the role is unpaid, although reasonable travel expenses can be paid and access support provided.
How to Apply
If you would like to talk about making an application, please email [email protected] or text 07956 271285 suggesting times for a telephone conversation with the Creative producer and / or one of the board members.
Applications can then be made by CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be a trustee, what you hope to offer and to get out of the experience.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a face-to-face or Zoom meeting with the Creative Producer and the Chair of Trustees, and to attend, as an observer, a board meeting. The Trustees then vote on applications.
- Contact name: Kate Hall
- Contact email: [email protected]
- trustees-call-out-notes-aug-0-.docx - Download