Who we are
Established in 2011, Kaleidoscope Trust is a UK-based charity focused on fighting for the human rights of LGBTI+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex) people across the Commonwealth. We fund, fight for and empower those upholding the human rights of LGBTI+ people by working with governments, change-makers and civil society organisations to effect meaningful and lasting change in the lives of LGBTI+ people everywhere.
Our current Treasurer is due to complete their final term of the Board, so we are keen to finda strong candidate for them to hand over to. With support from the Operations, Finance and Compliance team and with oversight from the Executive Leadership and the Board Chair, the role serves to: ensure the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted within legal requirements and accounting best practice; collaborate with the Chair, Executive Director and Senior Management to ensure thefinancial viability and development of the organisation; reliably participate at Board and committee meetings.
Time Commitment and Location
● The Board meets four times per year at 18:30 (Feb, Apr, Jul, Oct) in East London.
● In addition to Board meetings, the Treasurer will also be required to attend our subcommittees:
⇒Quarterly Audit and Risk Committees via Zoom
⇒Quarterly Fundraising & Communications Committees via Zoom
⇒Bi-Annual HR and Remuneration Committees via Zoom
● The term for Board membership is three years, which can be renewed for a secondterm.
● The role is voluntary and unpaid, but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
- 230915---kt-treasurer-compressed.pdf - Download