Who we are
We are LNAA and we aspire to save lives every day. We are led by our values – Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Compassion. We serve a population of almost 1.6m across Lincs & Notts. Since we first took to the air in 1994, we have been tasked to over 26,000 emergencies. Accidents and medical emergencies can change lives forever and that’s why we are committed to saving lives and providing cutting-edge, pre-hospital critical care. We are a vital part of your community, your lives and your safety.
We are proud to be a registered charity providing a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to the people of Lincolnshire,Nottinghamshire and beyond. Our highly skilled team of team of Pilots, Doctors and Paramedics deliver life-saving skills, medicines and equipment directly to the sceneof some of the most serious incidents and accidents to give patients the very bestchance of survival and recovery. Whether beachside, roadside or in the countryside, day or night, we are by the side of patients when they need us most. Covering over 3,500sq miles, when tasked to a mission our helicopter can reach any point across the counties we serve in less than 20 minutes.
On average, we are called out 4 times a day to children and adults who need pre-hospital critical care. Former patients and their loved ones are offered onward support through our dedicated Patient & Family Liaison when their world has been turned upside down. We are not government or National Lottery funded and we rely on the generosity of the local community we serve to fund us. Each mission costs on average £4,000. The nature of the care we provide means we are highly regulated. We are directly responsible for delivering patient care and have been registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) since January 2022.
We are looking for a director-level individual with a strong background in fundraising/income generation who is able to make a real contribution to the Charity through your skills and experience. You will become a member of the Income, Comms & Marketing (ICM) subcommittee of the Board, with a view to taking over the Chair of this ICM following an agreed period of transition.
You will be:
- Committed to our vision, mission and values, andable to devote the necessary time and effort to carry out Trustee responsibilities effectively.
- Through your knowledge, experience and expertise be able to provide constructive challenge and support to our Director of Income & Engagement.
- Values-driven and lead by example. Strong team player who can work with other Trustees to make decisions collectively to advance the best interests of the Charity and its beneficiaries.
- Strategic and forward-thinking with the capability tolook at situations objectively and analytically to apply good, independent judgment.
- Informed – some understanding of governance, relevant legal duties and responsibilities (although training will be given).
- Excellent networking skills
How to apply
Please email your CV, with a supporting statement (max 2 pages) highlighting yoursuitability for this role. We also require the details of two professional referees –they will not be contacted without your permission,
Note: This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.You do not need to live in Lincolnshire or Nottinghamshire.
Please mark the envelope for the attention of the CEO (Private & Confidential).
To request an informal conversation with our CEO or the Chair of the Board, please call 01522 548469 and ask to speak to the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
Please send your application to recru[email protected]. The closing date is 20th October 2023.
- trustee-recruitment-pack-2023.pdf - Download