Who we are
Magpie Dance is the UK’s leading dance charity for people with learning disabilities. We have been delivering regular classes, training, workshops, and public performances for people with learning disabilities in Bromley and the South East for over 35 years. Our mission is to enable people with learning disabilities to reach their full personal, social, and artistic potential through dance.
The Magpie Dance board is responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the organisation, working to ensure that it is equipped to enhance the lives of the communities we serve. Our Trustees also act as ambassadors for Magpie Dance, actively promoting our work and leveraging opportunities to advance its mission. We also received direct feedback on governance matters from members of a Shadow Board essential to keeping us in touch with the lived experience of our participants.
If you would like to play a key role in shaping the exciting future of Magpie Dance and contribute to making positive impact on the lives of people with learning disabilities, we would love to hear from you.
Representation of our community is central to our way of working, including at the board level. This means that we particularly welcome applications from candidates who:
· Have lived experience of disability, neurodiversity, or sensory impairment
· Live, work, or study in Bromley, or have some other connection to the local area
· Identify as being from the global majority (this includes people of Black African, Black African Caribbean, South Asian, East Asian, South East Asian, Middle Eastern, Arab, Latinx, Jewish, Romany, Irish Traveller, or mixed/multiple heritage)
· Identify as male or gender non-binary, as they are currently underrepresented on the board
- md-appointment-of-chair-candidate-pack-0-.pdf - Download