Who we are
The MCS Charitable Foundation, founded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), today operates as an independent foundation and is a leading UK not-for-profit organisation advancing decarbonization solutions for the buildings and household sector, a hard-to-decarbonize segment that accounted for 21% of the total UK emissions in 2020.
We are looking for candidates with a strong background in financial planning, controls and/or accounting to complement the current skill set of the board. The candidates should be able to demonstrate a substantial track record within the financial or accounting sector. Experience with charities, grant-making foundations, SMEs and/or financial investments would be beneficial. The successful candidate should be able to offer strategic and tactical advice and support to the charity and potentially MCS Service Company which is wholly owned by the Charitable Foundation.
Several of our Trustees are also Trustee representatives on the Board of MCS Service Company which ensures quality and standards of renewable energy installations. It is preferred that the Financial Trustee also has the flexibility to join the company Board. That may require an additional 6 days per year.
This is a high-impact role for individuals keen on working at the forefront of decarbonisation efforts in the UK and contributing their skills and experience to overcoming the many practical challenges of making net-zero emissions a reality.
- Qualified Accountant / or highly experienced in financial planning, management and controls
- Strong interest in issues of decarbonisation and energy transition
- Availability to serve on Charity Board for at least 1 term (3 years)
- Commercial / legal experience
- Experience as partner in accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Availability to also represent Charity on Company Board for at least 1 term (3 years)
- Experience at Board level at private firms and/or charitable organisations
- Experience in organisations with a strong public service orientation
Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected] including:
- Covering Letter expressing your motivation for the role and how you fit the requirements; and
Interviews will take place with shortlisted candidates during the month of January with a start date planned for Q1 2022.
Full details regarding the interview process will be sent to shortlisted candidates in advance.
- Recruitment-Advert-Financial-Trustee_Final.pdf - Download