Who we are
MK Community Foundation supports small grassroots organisations with their trustee recruitment process.
MK Community Foundation are recruiting a treasurer on behalf of AVMKSAAS.
The key role responsibilities include:
· overseeing the organisation's continued income growth and ensuring compliance with Charity Commission requirements
· agreeing and monitoring a sustainable annual budget
· working with CEO and designated accountant to oversee the preparation and submission of relevant Charity Commission reports
What skills are we looking for?
· Our ideal trustee will have accounting experience, preferably using online tools (e.g. Xero)
· Experience setting and monitoring annual budgets and will be able to advise on financial policies and procedures.
What difference will you make?
By working with the current board to advise and oversee financial growth, the organisation is able to ensure its services are sustainable, and that the growing demand for support from those who have experienced sexual abuse is met. Police statistics are showing an increase of sexual offences recorded, and many survivors of abuse endure psychological trauma for years before seeking support. The treasurer will play a key role, working alongside the CEO, to ensure the organisation is financially stable and able to continue to offer support to survivors, and can grow in a sustainable way to offer a more diverse range of services so no one is left without help.
- trustee-role-description-treasurer.docx - Download