Who we are
More Precious is a digital media platform delivering purpose-driven content designed to encourage girls and young women in their Christian faith. We are on a mission to inspire the next generation to live courageously, and have big ambitions to keep delivering fresh, purposeful and challenging content across multiple media channels (including articles, videos, podcasts and online magazines).
As we approach an exciting next chapter, we are looking for a Chair of Trustees who is passionate about the More Precious mission, and will continue to build on our existing foundations while bringing an energetic and focused approach to driving growth, reaching new audiences, and supporting the voluntary executive team to deliver innovative content that will equip and inspire a rising generation of young women to live out their Christian faith.
- Lead the Board of Trustees to enable More Precious to fulfil its vision and purpose, acting in the best interests of More Precious in its next phase of development
- Schedule and chair regular More Precious trustee meetings
- Support More Precious fiscal oversight, monitor financial resources, and approve budget spending with trustees
- Maintain oversight of More Precious policy formulation, governance, safeguarding policies and any necessary complaints handling
- Chair trustee meetings ensuring:
- balance between time keeping and adequate discussion
- strategic thinking vs achievement of quarterly plans
- decisions made and actions assigned, implemented and tracked
- adequate support in place for Core Team
- Be familiar with and consider all decisions and output in line with More Precious CIO objects, More Precious Constitution and the More Precious Statement of Faith
- Ensure statutory reporting compliance including preparation of Trustee Annual report and Statutory reporting submission of Annual Return to Charity Commission, in partnership with the Treasurer
- Act as named administrative contact point for the CIO, keeper of CIO registered address, and as named bank account signatory
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the Trustees Unlimited platform, or send an email with your CV and a covering note to the Board of Trustees, c/o Lucy White, at [email protected]