Who we are
Music of Life exists to build and strengthen the skills, well-being and confidence of children and young people with disabilities through music-making. Our vision is of a world where these children have the same access to music-making as any other child. We provide them with high-quality musical education and performance opportunities. When they are ready, we help them to integrate into community based activities such as joining a youth choir or playing in a band.
We welcome applications from everyone, but would particularly like to hear from people with lived experience of disability and from people from the Black and Asian communities.
Trustees should be able to demonstrate
– a passion for helping children from disadvantaged backgrounds
– that they can play an active part in the charity, attending meetings and contributing to specific improvement projects
– their ability to work in a team
We strongly believe in having a diverse team and know that skills and experience can be acquired in many ways through people’s personal, volunteering and working lives.
In addition to the general requirements, we are keen to recruit trustees who have experience in one of the following areas:
– Finance and Risk – a qualified accountant to replace our Treasurer who is moving out of the UK. Experience in the development and use of business/charity financial reporting, management accounts, budgeting & cash flow.
– Lived experience – someone who has lived experience of disability, either personal or as a parent/carer or teacher working with children with disabilities and who understands the need from our service users’ perspective.
– Legal and Governance – a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience of charity governance, policies and procedures (including GDPR, Safeguarding), ability to deal with general contractual matters. Knowledge of employment and HR related law would be an asset.
– Midlands – someone based in the Midlands who would represent the charity at events with regional funders and work closely with the CEO and one of our most dynamic teams supporting special schools in the region.
- music-of-life-trustee-application-information-pack-202401-1-.pdf - Download