Who we are
We are a Friendly Society FSA2
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (England & Wales) [NFYFC] is one of the largest rural youth organisations in the UK. The organisation provides opportunities for personal development of its members through training programmes, competitions, skills certificates and overseas travel. This is a democratic membership organisation comprising of approx. 580 Young Farmers’ Clubs in England & Wales which are grouped in 46 county federations.
The Independent member of the BoM is appointed for a two-year term of office, renewable for a further term of two years.
This is a voluntary position, but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
The time commitment includes attending up to six board meetings annually (a mixture of online and in person).
The Board is establishing sub committees and Board members will be expected to contribute to one or more of these.
Applications from individuals with the following specialisms are particularly welcomed:
· Charity finance and/or fundraising
· Youthwork and/or learning
· Change management
Key responsibilities as a Board member:
· To bring external and independent management experience to the NFYFC Board.
· Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Federation, the financial management, organisational risk management and legal administration of the organisation.
· Ensures the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations.
· Helps and directs the Chief Officer and staff to achieve the aims of the organisation and to ensure positive relationships.
· Uses evidence-based decision making that is robust and well considered.
As well as providing a close alignment with our work, candidates will also need:
· Personal authority, integrity and the ability to provide sound objective advice.
· To be well organised, resilient and have knowledge/experience that will contribute to steering the direction of the organisation, working across England and Wales
· The ability to champion, influence and support the organisation as it develops.
· To be a confident decision maker, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Full details for the application
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 10 July 2023. All expression/applications of interest to be submitted on NFYFC’s application form.
- 0----a-exp-of-int-appln-forms-nfyfc-board-of-management-june-0-.docx - Download