Who we are
Using money raised by the National Lottery, we inspire, lead and resource the UK’s heritage to create positive and lasting change for people and communities, now and in the future.
We are the UK’s largest dedicated funder of heritage, having invested over £8bn of lottery funding to more than 46,000 projects across the UK since 1994. From buildings and museums, to natural heritage, cultural traditions and memories, we fund a broad range of projects that connect people and communities.
Opportunity for individuals with an enthusiasm and commitment to heritage to become involved in the Fund’s work. The Committee member role will give you experience in grant-giving, consensual decision-making and a unique insight into how a national organisation works and give you experience of working towards one national strategy whilst also striving to achieve local priorities
The Nation and Area Committees assist the Board in awarding National Lottery funds. Meeting four times a year members discuss and make decisions on grants between £250,000 and £5m and provide advice to the Board on UK-wide campaigns.
We are particularly interested in recruiting people who can evidence strong skills and experience in either of the following areas:
• Heritage-led urban and rural regeneration, place-making and management of heritage projects and partnerships;
• Community heritage and intangible cultural heritage (including developing digital engagement and capability), and enabling inclusion, access and participation work with diverse audiences.
• Protection of natural and designed landscapes; especially integrated management,
• Accountancy/ finance/ business background, with strong numeracy acumen
Our new 10-year strategy, Heritage 2033, sets out our ambitions to support projects of all sizes that connect people and communities to the UK’s heritage. Over the next decade we will take a longer-term view, investing in invest in places and at a landscape scale, not just individual projects, to bring about benefits for people, places and our natural environment.
For more information please visit our vacancy page: Vacancies | The National Heritage Memorial Fund iRecruit PortalName (ciphr-irecruit.com)
- committee-member-vacancies_trustees-unlimited.pdf - Download