Who we are
North Bristol Community Project is a local, Bristol based charity, established in 1984.
Our mission is to promote well-being and bring about positive personal and social change.
We aim to Increase community participation and a sense of belonging which helps reduce social isolation.
We provide engaging educational, leisure and volunteer opportunities which develop skills and improves employability.
NBCP provides a warm, welcoming, personalised service, particularly suitable for people who don’t find mainstream provision a good fit for them. This is the case with people who experience stress, anxiety and depression. We offer a non-judgemental, supportive service where individual needs can be catered for.
North Bristol Community Project delivers courses in Arts for Well-being, Employability & Enterprise Skills, Spanish & French Conversation, Computer skills, Personal Development, English as a Second Language ( ESOL), Sewing, Painting & Drawing, Collage, Mosaic and Print making.
The Treasurer will be expected to:
1. Receive membership fees from members
2. Act as a signatory on the organisation’s bank account
3. Issue receipts for all monies received
4. Deposit all monies received on behalf of directly into the bank account
5. Maintain copies of all receipts issued and received on behalf of the company
6. Maintain finances in a simple and legible manner approved by the Management Committee
7. Arrange annual audit with a chartered accountant once a year
8. Present to each committee meeting an accurate report detailing finances
9. Prepare a complete Financial report for the Annual General Meeting
10. Obtain a certified copy of the most recent auditors report