Who we are
Nottingham Counselling Service was founded in 1977. We are a registered charity and an independent provider of, and hub for, counselling
services in Nottingham. We operate from modern, fit for future, premises in central Nottingham, located close to the Victoria Shopping Centre
and we serves clients from Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire and surrounding areas. NCS provides a wide range of counselling services that are accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
– Support and provide advice and direction on NCS’s purpose, vision, goals and activities.
– Approve operational strategies and policies, and monitor and evaluate their implementation.
– Oversee NCS’s financial plans and budgets and monitor and evaluate progress.
– Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
– Keep abreast of changes in NCS’s operating environment.
– Contribute to regular reviews of NCS’s own governance.
– Attend Board meetings and be adequately prepared to contribute to discussions.
– Use independent judgment, acting legally and in good faith to promote and protect NCS’sinterests, to the exclusion of their own personal and/or any third party interests.
– Contribute to the broader promotion of NCS’s objectives, aims and reputation by applying thenecessary skills, expertise, knowledge and contacts.
- nottingham-counselling-service-trustees-recruitment-pack.pdf - Download