Who we are
Nottingham Women’s Centre is run by women, for women. We exist to help women to achieve their aims, become stronger and more independent, and we provide a safe and supportive environment in which women can do this. We work with all self-identifying women.
We help women build self confidence and independence by enabling them to address and resolve issues in their lives. We run a regular programme of training courses and other support services from within the Centre, making us a ‘one-stop shop’.
The role of the Board is to be an effective, accountable governing body which provides leadership for Nottingham Women’s Centre’s activities and performance. Trustees are all individually responsible for contributing to our strategic direction.
Board meetings take place monthly at Nottingham Women’s Centre, usually the first Thursday of the month in the early evening. Trustees are also encouraged to attend other events and/or training from time to time.
What we’re looking for
Last year we empowered 2000 women through one to one support and 500 through our courses and activities. 30% of these were Black, Asian or from a minority ethnic group. We’d like our leadership team to better represent the women we serve, so would encourage women from ethnic minority communities to apply to join our Board.
Trustees should have:
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Nottingham Women’s Centre
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- An ability to think creatively and strategically
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of being a Trustee
- The time to commit being a Trustee
- trustee-recruitment-pack-2023.doc - Download