Who we are
OCM is a unique producer and charity that works to develop and present the highest quality and most innovative new music and sound-based live events, to engage diverse local and national audiences with our work, and to deepen understanding and appreciation of musical cultures from within the UK and worldwide. Our raison d’être is to bring music, artists and audiences together in ways that encourage and create memorable and meaningful experiences for all.
OCM currently has six trustees and space to involve two more, so we would like to hear from anyone who may be interested in joining OCM as a new trustee.
We would love to hear from you if you…
– Believe in the value of OCM’s work and/or arts and culture;
– Have a passion for music;
– Can contribute ideas as well as challenge the status quo;
– Are keen to be ‘noses in, fingers out’, asking questions, challenging, offering alternative perspectives but happy to leave the detail to the management team;
– Have time to be involved and plenty of curiosity;
– Are able to advocate and be champions for OCM as well as critical friends;
– Can attend 4 quarterly board meetings per year.
The additional areas of expertise we seek in new trustees include:
– Working with communities;
– Environmental issues (data, impact and creative projects).
OCM also wants to reflect a greater diversity of experience and perspectives within our governing body, as we think this will lead to a greater variety of ideas, voices and perspectives that represent the diversity of the communities that we serve.
With this in mind, we recognise that our governing body is under-represented in a range of ways and would welcome interest from:
– Young Adults;
– People from the Global Majority;
– People with a disability;
– People from lower socioeconomic backgrounds;
– People who are neurodivergent;
– LGBTQI+ people.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position but any out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed. We schedule our board meetings for a couple of hours in the early evening and prefer to meet in person when possible (typically central Oxford/Headington). We cater for childcare if that is required for you to be able to join us.
- trustee-application-pack-final_2.pdf - Download