Who we are
Oxford SU is looking for a talented, committed and passionate finance professional to join our Board of Trustees as External Trustee. We need someone with the skills and experience that will help the organisation continue to grow and develop, and ultimately ensure we are best placed to improve the experience of current and future students at the University of Oxford.
Oxford SU is an organisation led by and run for students. We pride ourselves on ensuring our student members are at the heart of everything that we do and are looking for candidates who share this ethos.
- An interest in the work of Students’ Unions / Higher Education and understanding of the context of HE
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent, effective and objective judgement
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A professional working manner
- Ability to adapt to the dynamic needs of a student-led organisation
- Understanding of liberation issues and commitment to equality and diversity
- A commitment to act in accordance with the Nolan principles for ethical conduct of public service
- An understanding of the role of a Board of Trustees for a charity and acceptance of the responsibilities and liabilities
- Commitment to Oxford SU and its core values
- An understanding of the University of Oxford
- An understanding of Students’ Unions / Oxford SU
- Experience in supporting the strategic development of an organisation
- Experience of working in a leadership or governance role (through work or voluntary experience)
- Experience in managing change
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they can contribute:
o professional background in finance, from practice or commerce, with strong business skills
In addition, it would be desirable if candidates can demonstrate
- Commercial expertise;
- Skills in organisation building and change management.
- Experience of policy development
Oxford SU is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability status. We want to create a diverse and inclusive Board and are actively looking for people who share our approach.