Who we are
OBS aims to increase breastfeeding, provision of breast milk and responsive feeding for babies in Oxfordshire by educating and empowering Oxfordshire families to define and achieve their feeding goals and by taking a lead role in developing an integrated network of breastfeeding support throughout Oxfordshire, so that all parents can access skilled, timely, local breastfeeding help.
Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support is seeking to recruit a trustee to act as chair of trustees for a period of 2-3 years. In addition to the role description of a general trustee (provided below), the treasurer of the trustees will:
- Chair meetings of the Board as required
- Represent OBS to external stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the board, ensuring that the board fulfils its responsibilities for governance of OBS.
- Ensure the board has agreed strategic priorities.
- Monitoring the proper standards of governance, and compliance with the Charity Governance Code in force at any time.
- Building a strong and effective working relationship with the Board of Trustees, Charity Director and facilitator team.
- Provide leadership to the Board through the governance arrangements
- Encouraging all trustees to contribute their skills, experience and opinions in order to ensure adequate scrutiny.
- Providing leadership and support to the charity director, where appropriate; and supporting and appraising the performance of the charity director
- Facilitating effective board meetings, liaising with the charity secretary, and charity director where appropriate, with the drafting of agendas and supporting papers for trustee meetings and ensuring that the business is covered efficiently and effectively in those meetings.
- Take a leading role in finalising any changes to the structure and composition of the Board.
This work is likely to involve around 10 hours per month. If interested, please either get in contact with the Secretary of Trustees . Further information and link to the advert and application form is on our Recruitment page of our website. Thank you for your interest!
- obs-chair.pdf - Download