Who we are
OBS aims to increase breastfeeding, provision of breast milk and responsive feeding for babies in Oxfordshire by educating and empowering Oxfordshire families to define and achieve their feeding goals and by taking a lead role in developing an integrated network of breastfeeding support throughout Oxfordshire, so that all parents can access skilled, timely, local breastfeeding help.
Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support is seeking to appoint a trustee responsible for strategy and impact for a period of 2-3 years. In addition to the role description of a general trustee (provided below), this trustee will:
- Lead the development and review of the charity’s strategic plan, collaborating with fellow trustees and senior management to set ambitious goals and objectives.
- Monitor the implementation of the strategic plan, regularly assessing progress, and providing guidance to optimize impact.
- Establish clear metrics and indicators to measure the charity’s performance and effectiveness in achieving its mission.
- Analyze data and insights to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement in the charity’s programs and initiatives.
- Support the Charity Director and senior management in aligning their strategies with the overall mission and goals of the charity.
- Collaborate with other trustees to ensure all aspects of the charity’s operations are in line with its strategy and values.
- Stay informed about the external landscape and developments in the charity sector, incorporating relevant trends and best practices into the charity’s strategies.
- Provide expert advice on impact assessment methodologies, helping the charity understand and communicate its outcomes to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the charity’s decisions are evidence-based and driven by commitment to maximizing positive social and environmental impact.
This work is likely to involve around 6 hours per month. If interested, please either get in contact with the Secretary of Trustees or our current Strategy and Impact trustee . Further information and link to the advert and application form is on our Recruitment page of our website. Thank you for your interest!
- obs-strategy.pdf - Download