Who we are
OBS aims to increase breastfeeding, provision of breast milk and responsive feeding for babies in Oxfordshire by educating and empowering Oxfordshire families to define and achieve their feeding goals and by taking a lead role in developing an integrated network of breastfeeding support throughout Oxfordshire, so that all parents can access skilled, timely, local breastfeeding help.
Oxfordshire Breastfeeding Support is seeking to recruit a trustee to act as treasurer of trustees for a period of 2-3 years. In addition to the role description of a general trustee (provided below), the treasurer of the trustees will:
- Provide financial leadership to the board of trustees, offering valuable insights and recommendations on financial planning, budgeting, and investment decisions.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the charity’s financial policies, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and best practices.
- Prepare and present financial reports at board meetings, providing clear and concise updates on the charity’s financial performance and projections. This would include preparing an annual budget and monthly management accounts.
- Monitor and assess the charity’s financial health, identifying risks and opportunities and recommending appropriate actions. This would also include ensuring restricted funds are recorded and monitored appropriately to ensure that any grant terms are complied with.
- Ensure transparency and accountability in financial matters, promoting ethical practices and adherence to financial policies.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with Charity Commission regulations, and ensure timely completion of annual review
- Support the fundraising team in financial planning for campaigns and initiatives, aligning financial resources with strategic objectives. This would also include assisting in the preparation of the financial information for grant applications and assisting with preparing reports at the end of the grant period to show compliance with financial restrictions of any grants.
- Keep abreast of financial trends, legal requirements, and best practices in the charity sector, sharing relevant insights with the board and staff
This work is likely to involve around 10 hours per month. If interested, please either get in contact with the Secretary of Trustees or our current Treasurer. Further information and link to the advert and application form is on our Recruitment page of our website. Thank you for your interest!
- obs-treasurer-amend.pdf - Download